Dear valued customers, business partners and associates:
Sonepar Canada is aware of the growing concerns surrounding the spread of COVID-19 and is closely monitoring the situation.
The safety and well-being of our customers, business partners and associates is our highest priority. As such, we are taking precautions to mitigate risks associated with COVID-19, including:
- Strictly following instructions and recommendations from government and health agencies
- Adopting necessary travel bans and restrictions
- Implementing onsite preventative measures, limiting access to our facilities and offices and cancelling company events
- Putting in place continuity plans to ensure our operations continue as normally as possible
- Promoting continued awareness through communications and other appropriate resources
As a distributor, Sonepar Canada does not manufacture any of the products that we sell and has therefore no immediate control over continuity of products we supply. The full impact of COVID-19 on the supply chain remains unclear at this point. That said, we remain in contact with the vendors and manufacturers from which we supply product from, as they monitor and assess the situation and, when possible, reconfigure their manufacturing and supply chains to minimize potential disruption in the supply of finished goods. We are asking the important questions, including those related to plant capacities, potential risk of longer lead times, logistical/transportation impacts and overall supply chain disruption. We are also increasing and managing stock to better help us face the possible challenges ahead.
We will continue to communicate with you and provide additional updates as new information becomes available. At this point, our locations and facilities across the country remain open for business. Customers are strongly encouraged to pre-order whenever possible, ideally online or via phone.
François Anquetil, President and Managing Director